A range of non competitive rides for riders of varying abilities.
Come and join us on our Sunday club run
We start our club runs from opposite Speeds shop on the Birmingham Road at 9.30 am for 9.40 am kick off. The start time for the club runs in JUNE, JULY & AUGUST will be 9.00 am for 9.10 am kick off.
All of the above destinations are subject to change on the day due to weather, road conditions and the attendance of riders present.
Most weeks we have a group of 10+ and during our winter runs do about 50 miles at about a 15 MPH pace.
We always stop for a café stop and have a great selection to choose from.
So if you fancy joining us or just testing us out on a try before you buy basis then give us a call /text on – 07970 501 351 – Stewart
Or find our contact details here.
Club Run List from 27th Oct 2019 to 23rd Feb 2020
Worcester- St Peters Garden Centre
|3rd Nov||Upton Snodsbury – The Twisted spoon||Premiere League
|10th Nov||Wootton Wawen – Yew Tree Cafe||Premiere League
|Hartlebury – Whitlenge Gardens||Premiere League
|24th Nov4t24th Nov Nov||Cropthorne – Clive’s of Cropthorne||Yet to be graded|
|1st Dec||Upton on Severn – To be confirmed||Yet to be graded|
|Bewdley – Severn Valley Railway||Championship
|Wolverley – Bodenham Arboretum||
|22nd Dec||Stourport –Goodnight sweetheart tearooms||To be re-graded
|29th Dec||Evesham – Raphael’s Cafe||Great bread puddin|
|Earlswood Garden center-Massarella’s Cafe||Championship|
|Fladbury – Café Craycombe||Premiere League
|Ombersley – Wildside Cafe||Premiere League
|26th Jan||Martin Hussingtree – David’s Nurseries||Premiere League|
|Kinver – Dunsley Hall Tea Rooms||Premiere League
|Upton Snodsbury – The Twisted spoon||Premiere League|
|Dunnington – Hillers||Premiere League
|23rd Feb||Cotheridge – Laylocks Garden Centre||Championship|
†N.B. If you have a National Trust card bring it along – don’t worry, it won’t cost you anything.
Club Run Guidance & Etiquette
1. We start most of our club runs from opposite Speeds Cycle shop on the Birmingham Rd, Bromsgrove, every Sunday; in June, July & August we meet at 9.00am for a 9.10 kick off; the rest of year 9.30am for a 9.40 am kick off.
2. The club run is not a training bash, although rides can be quite challenging & often in hilly terrain, so suitable gearing is advisable.
3. Bike/equipment should be in mechanically & safe working order, with special attention to tyres, brakes & chain.
4. Expect rides to cover 25 – 35 miles to the cafe stop, then a choice of a direct route home (about 15 – 20m), or a longer route with a total of maybe 55 – 70 miles, depending on season/weather.
5. Expect average speed to be around 14 – 16 mph over the full distance, depending on weather & terrain.
6. The group will wait at junctions, & wait & help with mechanical problems or a puncture. The group do try to keep together; however, we often split on hills, & re-group straight after. It is, however, a good idea to carry a mobile with at least one members number saved in case we do lose you.
7. Expect to become isolated if you ride out of shouting distance ahead of the group route finder/leader.
8. Wear clothing suitable for the expected weather conditions; carry a rain jacket. It’s a good idea to look at www.bbc.co.uk/weather or a local forecast before leaving home.
9. Be considerate to other cyclists in your group by using mudguards when you know the roads will be wet; this will also mean we all arrive at a cafe in a reasonably clean state. Should a cyclist turn up on a wet/mucky day without mudguards, we think it reasonable to ask that they ride at the back of the group.
10. Carry a drink & snack; it can be 2 hours between stops.
11. Carry spare inner tube, tyre levers & pump; also money for the cafe stop.
12. Obey the Highway Code; our public image is important to us, as is our safety. Please ride sensibly & be considerate to other members of the group & other road users. Remember that we are all ambassadors of our chosen club & our chosen sport.
13. When encountering horses, slow down, communicate with their riders, & pass when safe to do so.
14. When possible, signal to other riders any potholes, glass, lose gravel, street furniture/obstacles, parked cars, pedestrians.
15. Important: please understand that cycling clubs/groups cannot be held responsible for your safety; you are part of a group of individuals, each of whom accepts the inherent risks. It is recommended that you obtain Third Party insurance; both British Cycling & the Cycle Tourist Club have suitable policies at reasonable premiums.
Tel Number Destination Cake Grade
01905-766492 Worcester Country Park Championship
01905-357595 Worcester – St Peters Garden Centre Premiere League
01905-451231 Worcester Garden Center Championship
01905-745626 Worcester – Café Aroma Scottish girls Div 7
01905-458558 Martin Hussngtree – David’s Nurseries Championship
01905-429212 Cotheridge – Laylocks Garden Centre Championship
01684-899450 Malvern – Henry’s café bar Championship
01386-750466 Upton on seven – Revills farm shop Championship
07868-899047 Bromyard – Route 44 Café Scottish girls Div 7
07977-626340 Bromyard – Chunkies Café, Market Square Premiere League
01684-292215 Tewkesbury – Abbey Tea rooms Championship
01684-293103 Tewkesbury – Garden Centre Championship
01531-634250 Ledbury – Market House Café Premiere League
01386-550367 Pershore – Abbey Tea rooms Premiere League
01905-371006 Croome Park –  (Mar – Dec) Premiere League
01386-860732 Fladbury – Café Craycombe Premiere League
01386-761888 Evesham – Country Park Premiere League
01386-442458 Evesham – Raphael’s Café Great bread puddin
01386-852142 Broadway – Corners Tea Room (Open after Easter-end Oct) Championship
01386- Broadway – Rendezvous Café Yet to be graded
01386-438333 Chipping Camden – Hidcote Manor  Championship
01789-731095 Bickmarsh – Glider Centre café Scottish girls Div 7
07900-404321 Millcote – Carriages Café Division 2
01789-491950 Hillers Premiere League
01789-470575 Wellesbourne -The touch down inn Great bread puddin
01926-428838 Leamington Spa – Alfonso’s Place Division 2
01926-422766 Leamington Spa – The BIG cup Café Scottish girls Div 7
01926-881133 Leamington Spa – The Linden Café Yet to be graded
01926-492171 Warwick – The Tuckery Cafe 21, Market Place Yet to be graded
01926-512675 Kenilworth – Time For Tea Premiere League
01926-409432 Hatton – Hatton Locks (summer only) Yet to be graded
01564-702570 Earlswood Tea Barns Championship
01564-703248 Earlswood Garden centre – Massarella’s Café Championship
01564-792979 Wootton Wawen – Yew Tree Café Premiere League
01905-621840 Holt Fleet – Bramleys Premiere League
01299-896016 Great Witley – Villa Fiore Café (summer only) Premiere League
01299-250720 Whitlenge Gardens Yet to be graded
01299-829442 Stourport – Goodnight sweetheart tearooms Division 2
01299-403816 Bewdley – Severn Valley Railway Championship
01299-402436 Bewdley – The Merchants Tearoom Championship
01299-402655 Bewdley – Welch Gate Diner Scottish girls Div 7
01299-841255 Billingsley – Ray’s Farm, North of Bewdley Championship
01299-861009 Arley – Arley Arboretum Premiere League
01384-873471 Kinver – Maori Coffee Shop Championship
01299-266944 Wyre Forest – Visitors Centre Championship
01562-852444 Wolverley – Bodenham Arboretum Premiere League
01746-862626 Highley – Kath’s Cafe Division 2
01299-403816 Bridgnorth – Severn Valley Railway Division 2
01384-221122 Halfpenny Green Vineyards Premiere League
01584-891632 Clee Hill – Craven Place Tearoom Yet to be graded
01584-875820 Ludlow – The Green Café Premiere League
01993-823117 Tenbury wells – Burford house garden Café Premiere League
 If you have a National Trust card bring it along.
see latest news for other local rides
Spring Tour 2018 – details to follow
Late summer tour 2018 – details to follow